Lang Vineyards takes the safety of our patrons and staff very seriously. In accordance with Provincial guidelines, we have established the Lang Vineyards Covid-19 Safety Plan.
Effective June 1st, 2020, we will be open
Please review our full Covid-19 Safety Plan below. Should you have any questions, please contact Customer Service (transcript below).
Lang Vineyards COVID-19 Safety Plan
Lang Vineyards staff will greet you at the entrance of the winery. If no one is there please ring the bell. (The bell is sanitized after every use).
- Lang Vineyards is moving to reservation model for tastings to control flow of guests in a safe and physically distant manner. To reserve your tasting, you can go to our website www.langvineyards.ca and go to our “Contact Us” page. Also, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at 778-514-5598. Contact information for one person in groups of up to 6 will be recorded and kept for 30 days.
- Walk ins are also welcome if we have space available and contact information will be recorded and kept for 30 days.
- Our employees will be spaced out both in the wine shop and on the patio.
- One-way foot traffic into and exiting from the wine shop.
- Tape along the floor will be at the tasting bars to emphasize physical distancing.
- If the washroom is being occupied, we ask you to please stand on one of the X’s we have made on the floor until that person has exited the washroom.
- Appropriate reminders to guests to remain 2 meters from other groups on the patios and at the tasting bar.
- Tastings will be conducted at our inside tasting bar and our outside patio tasting bar. (1 group per tasting bar)
- As per 50% capacity rules; no more than 8 persons (including 2 staff) will be allowed in wine shop at a time and 15 persons on the patio. Staff will diligently be managing this.
- New tasting procedure: Visitors step back behind a line, staff step forward & pour samples, then staff steps back so that visitors may retrieve samples.
- Pour spouts will be held at a distance above glass to not touch any surface and will be sanitized between groups.
- Single use tasting notes.
- When finished your tasting we would appreciate it if you could load your glass into the dishwasher tray.
- If you wish to purchase a bottle of wine please let your server know and they will have it ready for you at the entrance of the winery.
Cleaning & Hygiene
- Staff must wash their hands with soap and warm water for a minimum of 20 seconds at the start of each shift, after visiting the bathroom and before and after each break. We will be sanitizing the wine shop bar, patio tasting bar, payment terminals in between each and every transaction. Sanitizing includes outside patio tables & chairs, door handles, light switches, and bathrooms at the start of shit, and throughout the day.
- Counters and charge terminals will be sanitized between guests. Tap purchases will be encouraged. (Tap limit has been upped to $250).
- Tasting notes and price sheets will be printed for single use.
- Disposable spit cups will be provided upon request.
- Guests will not handle any products unless purchased.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available to guests and staff at the entry and exit.
- Entry and exit door will be kept open when possible.
- Entry through front door and exit through to the back door of the tasting room.
- Signs will be posted to inform guests 50% capacity rules; no more than 8 persons (Including 2 staff) will be allowed in the wine shop at a time and 15 persons on the patio.
- Signs will remind guests of physical distancing, to limit touch points, and sanitize hands.
- Signage advising guests who appear ill will not be served.
- Handwashing instruction sign displayed in the bathroom.
- Our staff has been instructed to stay home if they are not feeling well in any way. Staff will follow isolation guidelines as directed by the Province.
- Visitors who appear visibly ill (coughing, sneezing) will be asked to leave.
What we ask of you:
- If you are not feeling well, please do not enter our wine shop. This is for the safety of everyone.
- Please use complimentary hand sanitizer upon entering the wine shop.
- Please do not touch any of the display wines, our staff is happy to assist you.
- Please respect physical distancing regulations and remain to meters apart from other persons in the wine shop and on the patio.
- No outside food or drink in the shop or patio.
- Please use appropriate doorways for entry and exit.
Stay safe and healthy.
Lang Vineyards Team.